The U-Vox RS-1 is the start of a new era in Carbon frame performance and technology and a new era for Swift Carbon .
With the evolution from pan –based to pitch-based fibres that we have used in the RS-1 , this allows considerable gains in tensile strength that were never before achievable .
Earmarked for its debut in the Pro Tour Peloton for February 2013 , the Ultravox RS-1 is the fruit of 18 months of intense R&D , design and engineering synergy with some of the most gifted people within the industry .
- Seat Tube: transfers from a round section to a square/round profile that is wider at the non-Drive Side for extra BB stiffness.
- Full carbon BB30 with press fit bearings/cups. Compatible with all other BB’s, such as BB86, Campa Ultra Torque and regular BSA.
- Ultra high Chain Stays. Plus wide tire clearance to provide future ø25mm compatibility, a trend that will continue. Asymmetric -> wider at non-Drive Side.
- Laterally thin Seat Stays for flex, but with enough width to create stiffness in the rear. Flared down for a skinny look
- Boxy BB to maximize power transfer .
- Boxy Down Tube at the BB end to emphasize the BB. Flows into a more aero shape towards the Head Tube end.
- Edge on the Down Tube flows over the Head Tube to the Top Tube, mimicking the inner outline of the front end.
- Boxy Head Tube with a, more or less, flat front section that continues into the fork crown and fork legs.