In the words of Swift Carbon… Neurogen is our no-compromise Time Trial (TT)/Tri frame. It’s designed to meet UCI regulations for TT frames, but triathletes – who don’t need to worry about UCI regulations – can also use our innovative front end setup for even lower drag. With carefully designed aero tube profiles and concealed brakes, Neurogen is ready to beat the clock.
The design constraints of narrow aero tubing make building a stiff TT frame a challenge. We’ve used a special carbon layup with layers of high-modulus T1000 and MR40 carbon filaments at key areas to stiffen the frame. Even though the deep aero tube profiles require more material, we’ve kept the weight of the Neurogen low – a complete bike, with 2013 SRAM Red, Rotor Flow TT chainset, 3T Vento bar/stem (or SwiftCarbon integrated bar system) and SwiftCarbon Hemoglobin 90mm wheels weighs in at +/- 7.7kg (size S frame).
Full TT aerodynamics with aero road stiffness and weight, the Neurogen offers a sensational ride. Stable, stiff and slippery.
To bring this all to life, please check out the following video link for the Swift Carbon Neurogen
- Down tube, seat tube and seatstay profiles with NACA aero sections, modified to be effective at greater angles to the wind
- Super long 160mm head tube maximises aero advantage within UCI regulations
- Integrated head tube/fork design decreases frontal area and is ready for a full triathlon setup if racing outside UCI regulations
- Full carbon Press-Fit 30 bottom bracket (BB) shell is compatible with all other BBs including BB86, Campa Ultra Torque and regular BSA
- Integrated bottom bracket and chainstays give optimum power transfer in an aero package
- Both brakes tucked away from airflow – front brake on the rear of the fork, rear brake under the chainstays
- Custom stem and spacer design offers maximum fitting flexibility without compromising aerodynamics
- Seat tube shaped to follow the rear wheel to manage airflow
- Shimano Di2 battery mount on the seat post
- Paint and graphics kept to a minimum to shave off weight
- UCI approved
- Full carbon PF30 bottom bracket
- Built for maximum power transfer
- Latest aerodynamic technology
- A matrix of filament layers for added stiffness